Come and join the CRTG for the 2nd of our member meetings in 2018. We have a varied agenda focusing on Sustainable Tourism and Business Development. For this meeting we have teamed up with the Clwydian Range and Dee Valley Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty’s team for their Annual Sustainable Tourism Forum.
Our agenda includes :
- Cillian Murphy from the Loop Head Tourism Association on the west coast of Ireland talking about sustainable tourism in Rural Ireland
- The development of Tourist Itineraries through our Stay, Eat Do programme which is now ready to go live for 3 years of grant supported development
- A presentation by Peter McDermott on the Denbighshire Tourism Strategy
- A presentation on the exciting new North East Wales Digital Trails project
- The opportunity to meet with an Investment Executive of the Development Bank of Wales
To reserve a free place :
Our meeting will be 3pm - 5pm, followed by an opportunity to sample produce from some fabulous local food and drink producers between 5-6pm, so please stay to meet the producers and move on to the AONBs Forum.
The Sustainable Tourism Forum organised by the Clwydian Range & Dee Valley AONB will follow from 6 - 8pm and is bookable via https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/sustainable-tourism-forum-clwydian-range-and-dee-valley-aonb-registration-51220952247
This evening session will incude
- Introductions from the Clwydian Range Tourism Group, Clwydian Range Food and Drink and the Llangollen and Dee Valley Good Grub Club
- The AONB team will update you on the importance of promoting the sustainable use, enjoyment and understanding of the special landscape of the Clwydian Range and Dee Valley in a way that contributes to local prosperity and social inclusiveness.
- Guest Speaker Graham Randles, New Economic Foundation – The value of honeypot sites to North East Wales.
- Guest speaker Cillian Murphy, Loop Head Tourism Association – The importance of clusters and being connected